PANDM Lab always welcome curious minds.
Applications for this coming semester is open! Open positions and details are as follows:
Position - Volunteer Research Assistants General Requirements: - Expected commitment is part-time i.e., ~10-16 hours/week - Ideally committing for 1 year starting in June 2022 These are volunteer positions (i.e., you will not be paid), but you will learn through extensive training and gain research skills that will feed into publications, possible paid opportunities or academic careers in the future.
People with a strong interest in experimental psychological research.
~ 3 posts
People with a strong interest in psychopathology (e.g., depression and anxiety) and/or interaction with clinical populations.
~ 1 post
People with quantitative skills (e.g., statistics, computational modeling, computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics or engineering background) who are interested in using different statistical and experimental methods to examine human emotion and related disorders, decision making, and/or neuroscience.
Potential Duties -
-Assist with data collection in behavioral studies
-Literature search, experimental paradigm preparation and preliminary data analysis
-Receive training for administration of Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-5 (SCID-5)
-Conduct diagnostic interviewing, data collection and interaction with individuals with potential psychopathology
-Work on human behavioral and neuroimaging data processing and analyses using Matlab and/or Python
- Assist with novel experimental design and data collection on the intersection of emotion and cognition
- Conduct computational modeling research
Requirements & Expectations -
- Former research experience preferred, but not required
- Strong work ethic, responsible and committed to research
- Highly diligent work ethic
- Experience in or exposure to and interaction with clinical population (preferred)
- Programming experience in Matlab (must) and Python (optional)
- 3rd & 4th year students with statistical and computational modeling/programming skills are preferred
Application Procedure -
1. Send CV, copy of transcript and short description of research interests.
Please specify your availability during the summer, semester 1 and semester 2 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title “Student RA application to PANDM Lab: [Interested Role]”
2. Applicants may be invited for an interview
Join PANDM Lab
INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES IN EMOTION-RELATED PERCEPTUAL
Mrs. Friederike Hedley
Anxious? Depressed? Or interested in your emotional life?
The purpose of the study is to better understand the psychological mechanisms of emotional problems and related decision-making processes.
This study include an interview session (up to 3 hours), and a session with questionnaires and experimental tasks (up to 3 hours). In case you will not be able to finish these tasks we may invite you to a third lab visit to complete the remaining tasks.